Oh, how he loves us....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCunuL58odQ


So if you know me very well at all, you know that I absolutely love the song “How He Loves” by the David Crowder Band, so I thought I would share my thoughts….


“He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree, Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.”
     Just imagine this for a second. First of all, the God of the universe, the God who created all life, is jealous for me! A little girl from Hot Springs, Arkansas who is constantly failing and being reminded of how unworthy of his love I am. But I think that is what makes this song so special to me. I am so unworthy of God’s love, like ridiculously unworthy, yet he gives it to me anyways. And not only does he love me, but he loves me with a love I can’t even imagine! When I hear this song I picture a tree being completely overwhelmed by the wind of a hurricane, and then I think, that’s the way God’s love is for us! It is completely overwhelming!!!
“When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, And I realize just how beautiful You are, And how great Your affections are for me.”
     Have you ever just sat and thought about God’s glory? That he would pour out his wrath upon his son so that we, mere humans who are constantly failing him, would have a way to him. It’s amazing! And when you truly sit and think about this amazing love God bestows upon completely undeserving people, it just makes me forget any problems I have. The world become “eclipsed by his glory” and let me tell you, when that happens, it is amazing. To sit and realize just how beautiful God is and how much he loves us. We often pray in church for God to give us a glimpse of him, but I don’t think I could even handle a glimpse of God’s glory! Just thinking about it is completely overwhelming!
“We are His portion and He is our prize, Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes, If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.”
     Just think for a second, about being drawn into redemption by the grace in our heavenly father’s eyes… I know I keep using this word, but it is completely overwhelming! That God would look on us with grace and love just blows my mind! I know in my life, I fail so many times. And honestly, from my perspective, it is pretty hard to see why he loves me… And then I remember it is because when God looks at me, he doesn’t see my imperfections and my flaws, He sees Christ dying on the cross. It’s like I have a stamp on my forehead saying my debt has been paid. His grace is so overwhelming. Our minds are to finite to even comprehend it. I can’t even begin to describe it because I don’t even know any words adequate of describing our heavenly father! That we would even be allowed to praise someone as amazing as Him is a mystery!
"And Heaven meets earth like an unforseen kiss, And my heart turns violently inside of my chest, I don’t have time to maintain these regrets, When I think about, the way…He loves us.”
     I personally like the version of this song that says “sloppy wet kiss” because to me, that better describes the feeling I get. When I think of a sloppy wet kiss, I think of a passionate love that can’t be described, something that makes your heart beat so fast, you think it is going to pop right out of your chest. And when I truly think about how incredible the love of God is, that is exactly what happens. I get fired up, my heart starts beating faster, and all of the sudden, everything here on earth seems so unimportant-all my mistakes, my regrets, my shortcomings, they disappear in the glory of God.


Oh how he loves us….

No comments:

Post a Comment