The Importance of a Circle



Proverbs 27:17
 "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
     Well first of all, I'm Courtney. I feel like since this is my first blog I should have some kind of introduction, but if you are reading this, you probably alread know me. I also feel like I should warn you before you decide to actually read anything I write. First of all, it probaby won't be written gramatically correct, which I know will drive some of you crazy. If what I am writing isn't a school assignment, then I usually write exactly like I talk, so you will just have to get over it. My thoughts are crazy and some of this probably won't make sense. I mean, feel free to read it, thats why I'm putting it on the internet, just don't be suprised if it doesn't make sense.  I write stuff all the time and I randomly decided I might as well share it with the world....here we go!


     A few weeks ago I went on a girls retreat with the college women's ministry at the church I attend. It was amazing to say the least. The main thing I really got out of the retreat was the importance of a circle. The "circle" I'm talking about is a circle of people, particularly in this case, women that are your closest friends. These are the people that would be there for you no matter how badly you messed up or what time of night it was. These are the people who will tell you what you need to hear, even when you don't want to hear it. The verse we talked about was Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." We talked about how you will become like your closest circle of friends, so it is important to surround yourself with people who bring out the best aspects of your life, not the worst. I know in my life, when I am with people who have strong moral standards, I tend to keep my own standards high, but when I am around people who are okay with letting things slide, I will do the same.
       I am so thankful for the circle of women I have in my life. They don't always tell me what I want to hear, but they will always tell me what I NEED to hear. When I need advice, they are who I go to. When I am upset and just need someone to cry with, they are always there. I am so thankful for them. When I look at some areas of my life, it is so obvious to me that without these women, I would not be where I am today. They are amazing....

No comments:

Post a Comment